The City Manager's Office
230 NE 2nd Street
McMinnville, OR 97128
The City Manager serves as the City's executive and oversees City departments. The City's Charter provides for a Council/Manager form of city government.
The Council is the policy-making body of the City and gives direction to City staff through the City Manager, who serves at the pleasure of the City Council.
The City Manager's responsibilities include:
- Managing the City's business and carrying out the Council's plans and orders by coordinating the work of all the City's departments and employees.
- Enforcing City laws and applying Council policies.
- Expending funds as authorized by the City Council in the budget.
- Making recommendations to the Council on legislation, financial programs, capital improvements, policies, employment, services and other matters as requested.
- Keeping the Council informed of the city's business and financial condition.